I knocked out tooth, can it be saved?
Oral injuries are often painful, and should be treated by a dentist as soon as possible.
- Attempt to find the tooth
- Rinse, do not scrub, the tooth to remove dirt or debris.
- Place the clean tooth in your mouth between your cheek and gum or under your tongue
- Do not attempt to replace the tooth into the socket as this could cause further damage.
- Get to the dentist. Successful re-implantation is possible only when treatment is performed promptly
If it is not possible to store the tooth in the mouth of the injured person, wrap the tooth in a clean cloth or gauze and immerse it in milk.